- Follow on WordPress.com
Join 4,501 other subscribers
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014
- Pin the Tail on the Antichrist: Barack Obama (Episode #593) July 17, 2014
- Let Them Eat Gay Cake: Corporate America’s Pro-Gay Blitz Hits Delicious New Lows July 16, 2014
- My Tweets
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014Howdy everyone, I hope that this note finds you well and that your week is off to a fine start. I’m making this post as a sort of “heads-up” alert to those of you who subscribe to the FBC Blog. … Continue reading →FireBreathingChristian
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014In this rendition we are treated to the 47,342,916th incarnation of "do not judge" Jesus, also known as, "Satan". Or maybe it's just Jim Caviezel. Can't be sure. Either way, it isn't the Jesus of Scripture and Christianity. And since I've never heard anything so hypocritical, oxymoronic, and flat out stupid as this eve […]FireBreathingChristian
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014Somewhere deep down, we have to know that the mess in America is our fault. You and me. I know, I know...it's sooooo much more fun to blame Them for all of it - the Democrats, the liberals, the progressives, the Muslims, the gay activists... And yeah, I'm also well aware that there are a whole lotta "good" excuses that we have handy and r […]FireBreathingChristian
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
Category Archives: Christianity
In this rendition we are treated to the 47,342,916th incarnation of “do not judge” Jesus, also known as, “Satan”. Or maybe it’s just Jim Caviezel. Can’t be sure.
Either way, it isn’t the Jesus of Scripture and Christianity. And since I’ve never heard anything so hypocritical, oxymoronic, and flat out stupid as this ever come out of Jim Caviezel’s mouth, I’m gonna stick with my conviction that the figure most accurately represented by the lily white, baby cuddling, sparkling clean guy in the sandals is, in fact, Satan.
Throughout church history there’s been intense curiosity and fascination with the “mark of the beast” described in the book of Revelation. While serious interest in the truth of God as revealed in His Word is a wonderful thing, in recent decades much of what is marketed as end times intrigue has been detached from its biblical foundation. Once that happened, it was bound to blossom into something quite ugly, and blossom it has. Continue reading
When a Christian is born through their supernaturally imposed spiritual regeneration, they are made anew. They are fundamentally transformed in an instant. They are literally brought from spiritual death to spiritual life. In that magnificent moment of conversion, they are made into what God describes in His perfect Word as “new creatures”.
As new creatures, these reborn men, women, boys, and girls become defined and definable by new parameters, and they are imbued with a new heart, a new will, and a variety of amazing new abilities and attributes.
The attribute I’d like to touch on briefly here is that of new vision.
Not so long ago, in a galaxy not nearly far enough away…
Actually just a few weeks back and in this galaxy – on this very planet, even – there was a particular mansion-wandering mega-consumer and hyper-capitalist who was basking in the glow of his most recent multi-gazillion dollar earning success story. Well, this particular success was much more effects than story driven, but I digress. The bottom line here is that, in the wake of the record setting and pop-culture shaping impact of his latest cinematic creation, the mega-consumer in question was taking the opportunity to do a whole lotta interviews and take a whole lotta shots at those who he perceived to be enemies.
No complaints there. Actually, I love it when this kind talks. The more, the better.
As Christians, we worship and serve the one true and Almighty God.
That gets cooler to me every time I think about it. I’m sure that you who are also Christians feel the same way. And hopefully that means it gets cooler to you and to me quite often, since we should be naturally inspired to frequently dwell on His nature.
His sheer power is nothing short of incomprehensible to our finite little minds, and that’s one of many great reasons that we have for our constant awe, wonder, and amazement over Him.
That said, I’ve got a natural tendency that I think comes to most of us where this “Almighty” idea is concerned, and when I take the time to consciously check it when it rears its ugly head, I invariably shift into a much higher gear of the aforementioned awe, wonder and amazement. It works for me every time, so I wanted to share just in case it might help you a bit too.
Gentle Reminder to Biblical Christians: This World Hates You, Your God, and Pretty Much Everything That You [Should] Stand For
Biblical truth cuts.
The whole, undiluted Gospel that we as Christians are charged to proclaim to a fallen, God-hating world will inspire discomfort, disdain and, more often than not, open repudiation and persecution from those who choose rebellion in response to God’s command to repent.
This is not merely a matter of high probability.
It’s not a maybe kind of thing.
It’s a certain kind.
As in 100%. Continue reading
You’d think that any serious, thoughtful, biblically literate Christian with at least two God-given brain cells to rub together would be able to identify sound theology at least where the cornerstone basics are concerned. Sadly, I find that assumption challenged every time I hear the likes of Joel Osteen open his pie hole to the thunderous applause of enormo crowds of professing believers.
Maybe another false assumption would be that these “believers” actually believe in and on the one and only Jesus of the Bible and subscribe to what was once referred to reverently as “orthodox Christianity”.