- Follow on WordPress.com
Join 4,501 other subscribers
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014
- Pin the Tail on the Antichrist: Barack Obama (Episode #593) July 17, 2014
- Let Them Eat Gay Cake: Corporate America’s Pro-Gay Blitz Hits Delicious New Lows July 16, 2014
- My Tweets
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014Howdy everyone, I hope that this note finds you well and that your week is off to a fine start. I’m making this post as a sort of “heads-up” alert to those of you who subscribe to the FBC Blog. … Continue reading →FireBreathingChristian
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014In this rendition we are treated to the 47,342,916th incarnation of "do not judge" Jesus, also known as, "Satan". Or maybe it's just Jim Caviezel. Can't be sure. Either way, it isn't the Jesus of Scripture and Christianity. And since I've never heard anything so hypocritical, oxymoronic, and flat out stupid as this eve […]FireBreathingChristian
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014Somewhere deep down, we have to know that the mess in America is our fault. You and me. I know, I know...it's sooooo much more fun to blame Them for all of it - the Democrats, the liberals, the progressives, the Muslims, the gay activists... And yeah, I'm also well aware that there are a whole lotta "good" excuses that we have handy and r […]FireBreathingChristian
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
Category Archives: Doctrine
Flu-Shot Jesus: Candy Christianity’s Magical Superpal (Sample Chapter from “Apathetic Christianity – The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity”)
The following sample is the complete third chapter from the book, “Apathetic Christianity – The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity”. If you like it, please pass along this link to anyone else you know who might me interested and inspired by the message of this book. Thank you for your prayers, patience, and support! Continue reading
As Christians, we worship and serve the one true and Almighty God.
That gets cooler to me every time I think about it. I’m sure that you who are also Christians feel the same way. And hopefully that means it gets cooler to you and to me quite often, since we should be naturally inspired to frequently dwell on His nature.
His sheer power is nothing short of incomprehensible to our finite little minds, and that’s one of many great reasons that we have for our constant awe, wonder, and amazement over Him.
That said, I’ve got a natural tendency that I think comes to most of us where this “Almighty” idea is concerned, and when I take the time to consciously check it when it rears its ugly head, I invariably shift into a much higher gear of the aforementioned awe, wonder and amazement. It works for me every time, so I wanted to share just in case it might help you a bit too.
Gentle Reminder to Biblical Christians: This World Hates You, Your God, and Pretty Much Everything That You [Should] Stand For
Biblical truth cuts.
The whole, undiluted Gospel that we as Christians are charged to proclaim to a fallen, God-hating world will inspire discomfort, disdain and, more often than not, open repudiation and persecution from those who choose rebellion in response to God’s command to repent.
This is not merely a matter of high probability.
It’s not a maybe kind of thing.
It’s a certain kind.
As in 100%. Continue reading
You’d think that any serious, thoughtful, biblically literate Christian with at least two God-given brain cells to rub together would be able to identify sound theology at least where the cornerstone basics are concerned. Sadly, I find that assumption challenged every time I hear the likes of Joel Osteen open his pie hole to the thunderous applause of enormo crowds of professing believers.
Maybe another false assumption would be that these “believers” actually believe in and on the one and only Jesus of the Bible and subscribe to what was once referred to reverently as “orthodox Christianity”.
One concept that I’ve been thinking about a lot is that of change. What makes for good change and when should we pursue and encourage change not only in ourselves but in others? Moreover, how do we rightly go about such a touchy thing as encouraging said change in others?
These are some of the questions I’ve been trying to wrap my little mind around.
“The Lord says that the anointing by the Spirit renders us capable of understanding, so that we do not need to have any one teach us (1 John 2:27). The existence of teachers by divine order and arrangement is like the original institution of divorce, not because it was God’s first choice, but because of the hardness of the hearts of men (Matthew 19:8). The responsibility for reading and knowing the Word and will of God is upon every individual, who must find out for himself, conclude what he believes and be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within him, knowing that he will be answerable to the Lord for the content of his faith, and that he will not be permitted to present the excuse that he believed what some church or group of clergy interpreted for him.”
While basking in the nuke-like afterglow of The One’s recent speech to the “Human Rights Campaign”, a homosexuality/bisexuality/pick-your-sexuality/anything-goes advocacy group, I’ve been cobbling together information for a project on this subject and recently came across an outstanding video posted on YouTube by Dr. James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries.
I’ve placed this video at the Fire Breathing Christian home page as well as at the James White video page.
Imagine, if you will, Barack Obama, Al Gore, Bill and Hillary Clinton (though not necessarily together – we don’t wanna be too fantastic here), Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, Stuart Smalley, Bill Maher, Katie Couric and Bill Moyer all gathered ‘round the base of ol’ Mount Sinai as Moses brings down the following decree directly from the mind and hand of God:
“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
You shall have no other gods before me.”
Exodus 20:2-3 (ESV)
In this age of the Obama Cult, Jeremiah Wright-style religion and the rapid expansion of man-centered Statism in America, it is important for all to know that biblical Christianity does indeed advocate racial superiority.
It is a racial supremacy that stands opposed to every core tenant and sacred rite of the religion of liberalism.