- Follow on WordPress.com
Join 4,501 other subscribers
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014
- Pin the Tail on the Antichrist: Barack Obama (Episode #593) July 17, 2014
- Let Them Eat Gay Cake: Corporate America’s Pro-Gay Blitz Hits Delicious New Lows July 16, 2014
- My Tweets
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014Howdy everyone, I hope that this note finds you well and that your week is off to a fine start. I’m making this post as a sort of “heads-up” alert to those of you who subscribe to the FBC Blog. … Continue reading →FireBreathingChristian
- My, what a lovely picture of Satan you have there! July 21, 2014In this rendition we are treated to the 47,342,916th incarnation of "do not judge" Jesus, also known as, "Satan". Or maybe it's just Jim Caviezel. Can't be sure. Either way, it isn't the Jesus of Scripture and Christianity. And since I've never heard anything so hypocritical, oxymoronic, and flat out stupid as this eve […]FireBreathingChristian
- It’s all on us: Why WE are responsible for the death (or restoration) of America July 18, 2014Somewhere deep down, we have to know that the mess in America is our fault. You and me. I know, I know...it's sooooo much more fun to blame Them for all of it - the Democrats, the liberals, the progressives, the Muslims, the gay activists... And yeah, I'm also well aware that there are a whole lotta "good" excuses that we have handy and r […]FireBreathingChristian
- The Fire Breathing Christian Blog has moved… July 29, 2014
Tag Archives: God
When a Christian is born through their supernaturally imposed spiritual regeneration, they are made anew. They are fundamentally transformed in an instant. They are literally brought from spiritual death to spiritual life. In that magnificent moment of conversion, they are made into what God describes in His perfect Word as “new creatures”.
As new creatures, these reborn men, women, boys, and girls become defined and definable by new parameters, and they are imbued with a new heart, a new will, and a variety of amazing new abilities and attributes.
The attribute I’d like to touch on briefly here is that of new vision.
As Christians, we worship and serve the one true and Almighty God.
That gets cooler to me every time I think about it. I’m sure that you who are also Christians feel the same way. And hopefully that means it gets cooler to you and to me quite often, since we should be naturally inspired to frequently dwell on His nature.
His sheer power is nothing short of incomprehensible to our finite little minds, and that’s one of many great reasons that we have for our constant awe, wonder, and amazement over Him.
That said, I’ve got a natural tendency that I think comes to most of us where this “Almighty” idea is concerned, and when I take the time to consciously check it when it rears its ugly head, I invariably shift into a much higher gear of the aforementioned awe, wonder and amazement. It works for me every time, so I wanted to share just in case it might help you a bit too.
Gentle Reminder to Biblical Christians: This World Hates You, Your God, and Pretty Much Everything That You [Should] Stand For
Biblical truth cuts.
The whole, undiluted Gospel that we as Christians are charged to proclaim to a fallen, God-hating world will inspire discomfort, disdain and, more often than not, open repudiation and persecution from those who choose rebellion in response to God’s command to repent.
This is not merely a matter of high probability.
It’s not a maybe kind of thing.
It’s a certain kind.
As in 100%. Continue reading
Just imagine if a prominent politician admonished Americans to “obey His will” again…what might that bring? What might it mean?
Glory to God and a fighting chance for America. That, and the unleashed fury of the “progressive” left.
But wait…aren’t we getting that last part anyway?
Doesn’t that pretty much remove any downside? (As if such a bonus should even be necessary…)
Imagine, if you will, Barack Obama, Al Gore, Bill and Hillary Clinton (though not necessarily together – we don’t wanna be too fantastic here), Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, Stuart Smalley, Bill Maher, Katie Couric and Bill Moyer all gathered ‘round the base of ol’ Mount Sinai as Moses brings down the following decree directly from the mind and hand of God:
“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
You shall have no other gods before me.”
Exodus 20:2-3 (ESV)
In this age of the Obama Cult, Jeremiah Wright-style religion and the rapid expansion of man-centered Statism in America, it is important for all to know that biblical Christianity does indeed advocate racial superiority.
It is a racial supremacy that stands opposed to every core tenant and sacred rite of the religion of liberalism.
Denningtonism is here.
And it ain’t pretty.
Monica Dennington, self-appointed Bible interpreter and theologian, has declared war on Bible interpreters, theologians and those who might find value in what God has done through them. At the top of her list: Calvinists.
While prepping for a much needed lawn-mowing session, I was impressed by something that would normally bother me, that being a neglected yard. Some of the blades had gotten to around that 5-6 inch range, and that’s not a good thing. Not normally, anyway.
But today it was.
As the origin and object of all that is good, He alone is worthy of glory. The harmony here is both apparent and essential to Christianity. If we believe that God is the author and objective of every good thing, then it is impossible to conceive of a valid justification for the assignment of glory – any glory – to anyone other than Him. He is the beginning and the end – the alpha and omega – of all that is good.
Enter: Pride. The hand that claims honor for any self outside of Him; the wide and welcoming gateway through which all other evil marches.